News and Public Events
- April 9, 2007 - SecondStory Health and NASPA (National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations) join forces in new national alliance to market affordable, clinician friendly and effective adverse event software to healthcare organizations in the United States.
- March 20, 2007 - SecondStory Health raised awareness of the risk of medication errors during clinical trials at a seminar for clinical researchers held in Charleston, SC. The "new science of safety", ethical, scientific and regulatory aspects were discussed.
- February 1, 2006 - SecondStory Health is pleased to announce their move to new offices, situated in the heart of downtown Carrboro, NC. This former mill town, neighbor to Chapel Hill and in the heart of the Research Triangle, is known for its well-managed growth and its economic base of small businesses as well as its commitment to citizen input and cultural diversity.
- January 1, 2006 - Medicare Part D add quality assurance and medication error reduction goals for community pharmacies. While Medicare Part D is well known for its prescription coverage for seniors, less well known are the important new requirements to reduce adverse drug reactions, prevent drug interactions and reduce medication errors.
- December 23, 2005 – SecondStory Health launches “Pharmacy Quality Assurance Program and Learning System” for community pharmacies. Subscribe and use this system to comply with state and federal quality assurance requirements, including Medicare Part D.
- September 1, 2005 - SecondStory Health announces Alliance with the North Carolina Association of Pharmacists.
- August 24, 2005 - Pharmacy Quality Assurance Act approved by the NC General Assembly. Effective January 1, 2006, pharmacies will be required to conduct quality assurance programs that enhance the quality of health care and reduce medication errors.
SecondStory Health Scientific Presentations
- May 30, 2007 - Building Safety into Human Research Protection Program policies and procedures. Audioconference sponsored by ExpertBriefings.com
- October 22, 2006 - Improving Practice Quality in the Community Pharmacy Setting, presented in Asheville, NC. Sponsored by the Mountain Area Health Education Center.
- October 12, 2006 - Medication Safety in Hospitals: To Err is....Programmed?, presented at the 6th Annual NCAHC Conference - Promoting Excellence in HealthCare. Sponsored by the North Carolina Alliance for Healthy Communities.
- September 25-26, 2006 -
Identifying Latent Error in Drug Trials, presented at the National Human Subject Protections Conference, “Crossing the Line: What is Acceptable Risk?” Sponsored by Duke University School of Medicine and the Office of Human Research Protections (OHRP).
- March 5, 2006 - Error Prevention in the Community Pharmacy. Sponsored by the North Carolina Association of Pharmacists, University of North Carolina, Wingate University, Campbell University and the North Carolina Mutual Wholesale Drug Company.
- December 7, 2005 - Adverse Event Reporting: Science, Regulation, Error and Safety presented at the FDA Clinical Trial Requirements Regulations, Compliance, and GCP Conference. Sponsored by the Society of Clinical Research Associates.
- November 17, 2005 - Clinical Pharmacology and Adverse Event Reporting presented at the Fall Clinical Science Course. Sponsored by the Society of Clinical Research Associates.
- November 7, 2005 - Medication Safety and other Trends in Clinical Research. Presented at the 2005 ISPE Annual Meeting. Sponsored by the International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineers.
SecondStory Health Exhibits
- 2007, May 23 Greater Richmond Convention Center VIPC&S 7th Annual Conf
- 2007, April 23-25 Sheraton Four Seasons, Greensboro NCAP Acute Care Forum
- 2007, February 18-19 Sheraton Hotel Chapel Hill NCAP Community Care Forum
- 2006, October 23-24 Sheraton Hotel, RTP, NCAP Annual Convention
- 2006, August 5-6 Sheraton Hotel, Myrtle Beach, Mutual Wholesale Drug
- 2006, March 5-6 Sheraton Hotel, Chapel Hill, NCAP Community Care Forum
- 2005, October 16-17 Sheraton Hotel, Raleigh, NCAP Annual Convention